Welcome to the happynesshub Forums Happychat Congratulations! You've made half way! How are you doing?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We’re nearly half way through Day 10, that’s pretty much half way through the 21 Days, so now seems like the appropriate time to celebrate getting this far! :-)

But as the novelty of committing to the 21 Days to Happiness programme may potentially be wearing off – afterall, we all lead such busy lives – it’s easy to fall behind on days.

So today seems like the perfect day to take stock:

How are you getting on?
    What has struck you most from the programme?
    What have you enjoyed doing / learning?
    What aspects have you found difficult to follow?
    How much time has it taken you to complete the Days – watch the videos, listen to the meditations, learn about the Hints, do the challenges?
    How can we, the Happynesshub team, support you best?
    What, if anything, would you be interested in learning more about?

Positive. Negative. Constructive. Don’t hold back. We want to hear from you!

No matter how much of the programme you’ve followed – even if you’ve only been able to breifly read one or two of the days so far – be proud of what you have achieved. Every little active step to happiness helps.

x

Geri
    Participant

Hi Catherine

I don’t really get much time to do the meditation and Yoga as in any spare time that I have I usually walk the dogs…..which to me is a kind of meditation as I have that time to do some thinking etc.

The blogging comes a bit more easy to me as I check my e-mails first thing in the morning and whatever the ‘word’ for the day is makes me have a good think while I’m having breakfast.

I consider myself to be a happy, positive person most of the time on the whole but we all have our off days!

xx

Aris
    Participant

Hi Catherine actually the meditation and breathing/stretching exercises are going well with me! I do the 15min every day and I have to say that stress levels are going down after each session. Maybe I should try and do them twice every day, because now I am doing them every evening. But it would be a good idea to do another one in the morning after waking up.

Also I find very interesting and thought provoking the research material accompanying every day.

CatherineR
    Participant

If you have time for two meditations a day, Aris, then why the heck would not do two! :-) So glad that you feel like it’s been making a difference already.

Whereas, Geri, I’m with you with finding it difficult to find time to meditate (even the two minute one!) but using other moments, such as walking the dog, to reflect. However, it’s also important to enjoy those dog walking moments for what they are and to be in the present, focussing on deep breathing, and paying attention to your surrounding rather than letting your mind wander too much. I suppose that’s what meditation is particularly good for – it’s a chance to shut off (or attempt to shut off) our senses and our mind and focus solely on the breath, which does us a world of good.

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming x

Lesley
    Participant

Hi Catherine, sorry I missed your call but will speak soon, finding the exercises/ meditation really helpful started with 5 minutes also a 2 minutes pushed in now and again especially if I wonted to have some me time. Now up to 10 minutes,have had a few restless nights so when I couldn’t sleep done the breathing exercises which did help.
    Listening to Sally has helped boost my confidence and appreciate myself, when I’ve had a bad day I’ve seen me listening to it again ( thanks Sally X )
    Looking forward to the next part of the Happiness programme. Thank you Catherine and all the rest of the team. Xx

Matt
    Participant

Hi Catherine, I’m glad you’re well. The programme is going really well for me and its been great seeing how so many different aspects of my spiritual happiness can be analysed, focused on and shifted in perspective. Blogging and Vlogging is very much dependant upon my work as by the time I’ve got up, travelled to work, finished a 12 (14) hour shift and then travelled home again, only to do it all again takes its toll on spare time. Apparently I have to eat and sleep in there somewhere too!! When I’m off though, I have an abundance of time. I’m definitely finding Marta’s guided mediations fantastic and I always finish them feeling totally relaxed and calm. So, only half way through and already its been a massively positive experience and Sally’s videos are a great introduction to the daily task ahead. Namasté one and all xx

Dena
    Participant

I’m logging into Sally’s chat every morning, her positivity is a joy to hear. Really enjoying the 20 min meditation which I find time to do every day. Started the stretch video about 4 days ago and now I do it just before I go up to bed. Sitting in the dark with a candle, Martas voice is calming and peaceful. Thanks everyone for working so hard on the HH.

Sallyann Keizer
    Keymaster

Hello Heroes! How lovely to touch base with you all. You are all on my mind and thinking of you has kept my spirits lifted these last 10 days of poorliness. It’s so good to hear that some are finding the meditations useful, Aris do keep them up because I think they will greatly benefit you. Lesley too. I find that the real benefits kick in after 3 weeks. But (not a good word) I have skipped the odd day and I find my head starting to spin, especially as I am unwell. It is always when I most need the meditation that I most find it hard to do. So, I am going to try again today, and listen to one of Marta’s meditations. On the Happyensshub Hint side I am glad that many of you are managing to do the exercises. Some will resonate more than others with each of you, but I can assure you that each and every Happyynesshub Hint has been proven to make a real difference in our happiness levels. Again, sometimes a day will come my way and I feel i just can’t manage it, but, the more we practise them, the more they become ingrained. And when you do have a ‘bad day’ that day is not ‘as bad’ and the cloud passes quicker than it used. That is how I find it anyway. Also, may I say to all the Heroes, I have a feeling you are all givers in life. I certainly know some of you and I know you are! Sometimes you need to find time to give to yourself. One of my biggest hurdles is being kind to myself. I love being kind to others, but I am so harsh on myself. So I hope that the self-compassion day helped some of you Heroes too! Sending you all my love. Tomorrow is a fun day which we all can enjoy. I think it will lift your spirits. And I am thinking about having a Heroes party – what do you think? Big hugs and love Sallyxxx

Dena
    Participant

A heroes party sounds fun, can you imagine the charge of Happyness and positivity in the rom, enough to to blow the roof off.

Sallyann Keizer
    Keymaster

Absolutely guys – we just need to set a date. Catherine and I will look into it this week! xx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.