Welcome to the happynesshub Forums Happychat Welcome to Day 1 of the 21 Days to Happiness Reload! What is your happy number?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

Welcome to the latest 21 Days. I hope the upcoming three weeks provides quality time for you to learn about and explore the subject of positive mental health and to explore and improve your own sense of well-being.

To kick things off – in order for you to monitor your journey we at the Happynesshub ask that you think about what number your generic happiness level is currently at out of 10.

This doesn’t mean how happy you are feeling right in this instance – after enjoying that desperately needed morning coffee or being stuck in traffic or on a train that has made you late for work – rather, strip back your immediate emotions and have a think about where you would say your “set level” of happiness / well-being / contentment / peace currently lies.

At the end of the three weeks, we are hoping that you will be pleasantly surprised because your number will have increased. Or if it’s already in a good place, that the foundations for that number have strengthened.

Numbers aside, the real aim of the programme is for us to provide a scientifically backed toolkit for you to take away and be able to keep applying to your life to help develop long lasting, positive change.

If you feel comfortable to, please do reply to this with your current set happiness number and any thoughts on why it’s there or where you’re wanting to be.

Mine? It’s hard to say, it’s all subjective, I get that. I’m going through bit of a tough time at the moment after experiencing a bereavement but I also have so much to look forward to and still find lots to enjoy and be thankful for in the moment. Thankfully, I’ve been applying many of our teachings in my life in some form or another for many years now so I think I’m at a sturdy 7/10. But this has been a work in progress and continues to be so…

Here’s to these next three weeks!

Paul
    Participant

Hi Catherine,

It’s day 1! I think today I would say a 6. A little over half way – room for improvement but not too bad. I think it’s trying to distinguish how I am and how I think I am.

How about anyone else?

Geri
    Participant

Hi Catherine, I would say that I am quite a happy person most of the time. im am only unhappy when something sad is going on or there is a situation I have no control of. I would say because of circumstances this week I’m around a 6.

Lesley
    Participant

Hi Catherine , I do try to stay happy but thinking about every things that’s going on at the moment I feel I’m a 4, have a wonderful family and friends who keeps me going.

Victoria James
    Participant

Hi Catherine!
    I’d say my happiness is at a 7.
    I had a friend arrive today to stay for a few days, so with the general silliness that comes with friends getting together, coupled with the crazy rush to get the house clean and lush (snore!), a 7 seems about perfect.

Rachel
    Participant

Hi Catherine! I would say generally I am around a 7 although after working all day and mummy duties this evening I feel pretty exhausted now and I feel like I’ve slipped down the scale a bit!

Sallyann Keizer
    Keymaster

Heh Catherine and all the Heroes – this one is a funny one. Not so long ago I would have said I was a constant 3 – not good times. I felt like my set level had so drastically plummeted because of circumstance and I really couldn’t change it. Nowadays I would say I drift between a 7 and an 8. But the good thing is this is pretty constant because of all the work rather than as it used to be reacting to something that happened and feeling like I was on a rollercoaster. So I’ve been riding my health issues recently really well and remaining at a 7. I’ve yet to be tested big time on this (my love to all those who are experiencing sadness in their lives currently) but by wish for all of you is that you find an underlying peace which goes beyond our daily happiness. I must share with you all the Pendulum work of the lovely Gerad Kite. For now off to take some more meds and climb under the duvet. Big hugs all. Thank you for Day One everyone. xx

Aris
    Participant

Hi Catherine! Something between 4 and 5 I would say at the moment!

CatherineR
    Participant

Thanks for all of your honest responses. I keep on returning to this thought. It’s such a funny one because our moods and circumstances fluctuate so much that I’m finding it difficult to pin point my base level…

When I’m thinking rationally I would say I’m a solid 7, even possibly an 8, as I like to think I’m an optimistic person, with a lot of hope and love and general joy. But when I asked my partner yesterday, he immediately said 2! Yikes!

He was joking, slightly, but he had a point. Because he’s the person who sees me in my most vulnerable moments – when I’m tried, feeling overworked, feeling like I’m not living up to expectations – personally and professionally, worried that not paying my friends the attention they deserve, and feeling like the weight of world is resting on my shoulders (which I clearly know it’s not) – he is well acquainted with my anxious (and slightly impatient) side.

So that brings me back to: what is my ‘happy number’?

Am I being too optimistic in saying 7 when I know that more often than I’d like I’m in some sort of state that warrants my other half to jokingly (but not 100% jokingly) say 2?

Or does the fact that in my times of clarity – being well-rested helps (as does eating well, fitting in exercise and getting fresh air) – I’m able to be at peace with the going-ons in life, even when the circumstances aren’t the happiest or easiest, overrule these not so happy moments and make way for my number 7 to remain firm?

I like to think my optimism wins. So I’m sticking with 7.

TimF
    Participant

I think that if you reckon you’re a 7, then you’re a 7 :)

Sure – there are always going to be moments that make us think “Oh no! I’m a two!”. We can’t pretend we don’t have moments like that. But they shall pass.

P.S. If you want to know, I’m going to say that I’m starting at 7. Looking forward to seeing where I’m at in 3 weeks time.

Sallyann Keizer
    Keymaster

Catherine I think it is not about the day to day fluctuation it is about what lies beneath. If you close your eyes and ask yourself – what is my true number, it will come to you I think. But don’t hang on to numbers too much, since it’s more about feelings. The different between day to day emotions and what goes deeper is key – back to my pendulum! xx

Sallyann Keizer
    Keymaster

Catherine I think it is not about the day to day fluctuation it is about what lies beneath. If you close your eyes and ask yourself – what is my true number, it will come to you I think. But don’t hang on to numbers too much, since it’s more about feelings. The different between day to day emotions and what goes deeper is key – back to my pendulum! xx

Harry
    Participant

I am way behind here. It’s because, despite my health, I have been out to Royal academy of music so much. There has been an international violin competition for young.world stars virtuosos. Yesterday evening was the final for 4 seniors at the Royal Festival Hall London. My favourite competitor, age 16 came second, and that made me very happy indeed. Her prize was £7.000.00. And lots of opportunities,
    It follows, for me, that I haven’t had much time for anything else meantime. My other passion is art, which reminds me that I have to finish that charcoal picture of the bridge I of sighs in Venice, that I started drawing ages ago.

My happy score varies such a lot these days, however, I do try to remain positive, and hate problems.

All for now my friends.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.